Bucharest Bar (admitted 2007)
Sorin is a veteran of Biriş Goran and its real estate practice, having joined the firm at its inception in 2006, and now he is a senior associate. With over 8 years experience, Sorin is a specialist in all aspects of real estate law, and a key member of the firm’s Real Estate practice, with a particular emphasis on zoning and related regulatory matters, construction law (including many FIDIC and other types of construction agreements under his belt), title investigations, and acquisitions. His client base ranges from major multinational investors to local high-net-worth individuals.
In addition to real estate, Sorin has also studied antitrust in graduate school at the University of Amsterdam and has since been involved in antitrust compliance audits and advised clients from various industries ranging from construction materials and FMCG to banking on numerous compliance matters.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Sorin was a paralegal with the Bucharest office of Salans.
Outside the office, Sorin enjoys symphonic music and has a particular fondness for contemporary Spanish literature.
• Assisted Aberdeen Asset Management Deutschland AG a German investment fund, in the sale of the Auchan Titan Commercial Centre in a transaction of EUR 86 million;
• Advising local developers on various regulatory matters, with focus on urbanism, construction rights, building permits, taking-over of the construction works procedure and fire permits;
• Assisting Europa Capital in the construction of warehouse facilities in Cluj Napoca area, with the value of the construction contract of aproximatively EUR 1,6 million;
• Assisting Nord Imobiliare, in the construction of a residential project in Bucharest, with the value of the construction contract of aproximatively EUR 4,7 million;
• Assisting Nord Imobiliare in the due diligence procedure and acquisition of large surfaces of land in Snagov area;
• Advising Liebrecht & Wood on various development matters for their residential projects;
• Assisting Turkish investor in due diligence process for acquisition of over 40,000 ha of agricultural land;
• Assisting Benevo Capital in its acquisition of the Vulcan industrial platform in what was the largest real estate transaction in 2012, as well as a parallel joint venture with South African fund New Europe Property Investments, including all transaction documentation, correspondence, shareholder agreements, ancillary documents, and all follow-up since;
• Assisting Interprime Properties, real estate development company part of Inter IKEA Group, in the acquisition of the Baduc SA site of over 20,000 sqm, in a transaction worth approximately EUR 11 million, as well as all development and zoning matters related to its Timpuri Noi development;
• Advising Gran Via, a major Spanish real estate developer, on construction and zoning matters.
Paralegal, Salans Bucharest (2005 - 2006)
• University of Amsterdam, Faculty of International and European Law, Master Programme European Competition Law and Regulations (LL.M., 2011)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2006)
• Attended the International Seminar on “The Practical Use of the 1999 FIDIC Conditions of Contract and the MDB Harmonized Contract 2006” organized by European Construction Ventures in partnership with FIDIC (October 2008, Brussels, Belgium)