Bucharest Bar (admitted 2014)
Litigation and Arbitration
Daiana Miu joined Biriș Goran in October 2014 as junior associate/stagiaire and is focusing on real estate matters, arbitration and litigation, as well as general corporate matters. Daiana previously worked at Biriș Goran as a summer student.
Daiana graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Bucharest in 2014 and successfully entered the Bucharest Bar as stagiaire the same year. She spent one semester at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, studying International Public Law, International Arbitration and Maritime Law. In 2015, she completed a Master’s Degree in International Arbitration at the University of Bucharest.
Daiana is a member of LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG). As of 2016, Daiana is also a founding member of the Research Centre on International Commercial Arbitration of Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest.
Outside the office, Daiana enjoys travelling and has a special interest in the history of art.
• Legal support on various corporate matters including incorporations of Romanian companies, consultancy on share capital increase and share assignment procedures, change of form of company, extension of powers of directors and management board, overhaul of management system in all types of companies;
• Team member advising Aberdeen Property Investors, a leading European real estate investment fund, on the sale of Iris Auchan Titan shopping center;
• Team member advising Krakenhaus Beteiligungs GmbH, a leading European provider of general medical and surgical hospital services, in an arbitration procedure regarding the recovery of a significant value claim;
• Team member advising a multinational cement manufacturer in connection with an extensive antitrust compliance review;
• Key team member of due diligence team advising Geo Firms for the acquisition of a surface of land in Ilfov;
• Key team member of due diligence team advising a major company in the cinematographic field in a potential transaction.
Intern, Biriș Goran SPARL (Summers of 2012 and 2013)
• University of Bucharest, Master’s program on International Arbitration (LL.M., 2015)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2014)
• Erasmus University of Rotterdam, Faculty of Law (Studied one semester on International Public Law, International Arbitration and Maritime Law, 2013)