Bucharest Bar (admitted 2007)
Finance & Restructuring
Răzvan joined Biriş Goran in 2010 and was promoted to senior associate. He focuses primarily on competition and antitrust matters, mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate and commercial law. He routinely advises clients with respect to antitrust compliance matters and antitrust investigations carried out by the Competition Council.
Răzvan is also regularly involved in the analysis of mergers, acquisitions and joint venture agreements and – where appropriate – the obtaining of merger clearance from the Competition Council. He is also involved in the drafting of distribution and other commercial agreements.
He has advised clients in various industries such as: tobacco, fast moving consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, banking, as well as IT & telecommunications and has been active within the AmCham Competition and State Aid Committee.
Previously, Răzvan was an associate with the Bucharest office of Salans and the associated office of a Magic Circle law firm. In 2008, he was awarded a Master’s degree in Commercial Law from the University of Cambridge.
Outside the office, Răzvan is an avid concert-goer and consummate movie buff.
• Representing clients from various industry, FMCG and financial services sectors (among others) before the Competition Council in the context of antitrust investigations targeting both vertical restrictive practices and horizontal collusion cases;
• Assisting clients with respect to various general and specific competition law compliance matters, antitrust compliance audits, as well as antitrust trainings;
• Representing clients before the Competition Council with respect to merger control proceedings in a wide variety of industries, including publishing, advertising, travel, and food retail;
• Assisted one of the leading global advertising and communications companies with respect to several acquisitions in Romania and related merger control work;
• Associate, Romanian affiliate of Allen & Overy (2009 - 2010)
• Associate, Salans Bucharest (2006 - 2009)
• University of Cambridge, Sidney Sussex College (LL.M. in Commercial Law, 2008)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2006)
• Co-author (with Gelu Goran and Dan Jalbă) of the analysis article “Romania's Leniency Programme: Critical Overview” (2013), published online by Practical Law Company at: Romania's Leniency Programme
• Co-author (with Gelu Goran) of the Romanian chapter of “Merger Control - Jurisdictional Comparisons” (2011) (part of The European Lawyer Reference series).