Bucharest Bar (admitted 2011)
IP, IT & Media
Roxana joined Biriş Goran in December 2012 as an associate. She is primarily handling IP, IT & Media matters, but her activity covers a broad range of legal services, including regulatory, employment, general corporate matters and preparation of commercial contracts across a variety of fields and sectors.
On the Corporate side, Roxana worked on several investment projects as part of the due diligence team and assisted with drafting of various corporate documentation, agreements and other day-to-day corporate matters.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Roxana worked as a Senior Contracts Specialist for Oracle, both in Romania and in the London office, being involved in several high-level licensing transactions with some of the largest players in the telecom and banking lines of business in the Europe-Middle East-Africa region.
Outside the office, Roxana loves winter and everything about it: sports and cold weather (to the shock of her colleagues).
• Assisted Zeus International, a hotel management and consulting company, important player in the European Hospitality Industry, with all aspects of setting up business in Romania, including advice on various legal areas, such as general corporate matters, regulatory, employment and preparation of commercial contracts across a variety of fields and sectors;
• Assisted Green Horse Games, an online gaming company with respect to a venture capital transaction coming after an angel investment received in 2013 and other day-to-day corporate matters;
• Assisted 2Performant Networks, an online affiliated marketing platform, leader in Romania, in the investment from a group of angel investors;
• Assisted Simartis Telecom, a leading Romanian software development company with respect to various IP, corporate and regulatory matters, as well as to preparation of various commercial agreements;
• Assisted I.T.N.T., a leading Romanian IT & C company regarding an IPR and corporate re-structuring of all its operations in Romania and cross border, as well as day-to-day commercial, regulatory, IP and corporate matters;
• Active team member in acquisition by a major private equity fund of avocatnet.ro, including due diligence and transaction documents;
• Active due diligence team member for acquisition of major Romanian software programmer by a multinational private equity fund;
• Senior Contracts Specialist, Oracle Romania (April 2010 - November 2012)
• Trainee Lawyer/Paralegal, various Romanian law firms (2007-2010)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)