Bucharest Bar (admitted in 2009)
IP, IT & Media
Teodora joined Biriş Goran in 2009 and she focuses primarily on all corporate, M&A and IP matters. She has considerable experience in due diligence procedures, mergers, spin-offs, and other restructuring efforts, as well as in assisting and advising on various investment transactions. She has been involved in numerous transactions and negotiations, representing both domestic and foreign participants in M&A transactions.
As part of her practice, she handles all corporate work for a number of firm's clients being the go-to person for numerous clients on various corporate matters where her experience is appreciated and is also involved in various merger and acquisition transactions in Romania, on both the buy and sale side.
On the IP side, she has been involved in numerous due diligence exercises involving IT platforms and software companies. Teodora has also focused on other various IP matters, such as preparation of the terms and use and privacy policies for various websites, assistance in relation to licensing agreements, management of trademark portfolios for various firm clients etc. She is a licensed intellectual property counselor.
Before joining Biris Goran, Teodora was an associate with TPA Horwath Quintus.
Outside the office, Teodora enjoys travelling and squash.
• Lead counsel in the purchase of participations of a major Romanian player in the field of stationary and office supplies;
• Primary associate in assisting Pumac in the sale of a plot of land of 21,000 sqm to Skanska group, including assistance with the internal restructuring of Pumac and transaction document support;
• Lead counsel in the investment from a group of angel investors in a major Romanian player in the field of online affiliated marketing platform;
• Lead counsel in the sale of participations of a major Romanian player in the field of production of sunflower hybrids;
• Led the due diligence process of a major company in the cinematographic field in a potential acquisition;
• Key team member in advising 3TS Capital Partners in its acquisition of a minority stake in a leading on-line media company (www.avocatnet.ro), including due diligence and transaction document support;
• Part of the legal time advising Publicis Groupe in its acquisition of a leading Romanian media company, taking the lead on all corporate matters involving ancillary transaction documentation, corporate due diligence, and general coordination;
• Part of legal team advising business angel investments in several Romanian internet start-ups, including a job search engine, an online media company, a highly successful modern action game.
Legal Assistant, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 - 2009)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)