Bucharest Bar (admitted 2011)
IP, IT & Media
Roxana joined Biriş Goran in December 2012 as an associate. She is primarily handling IP, IT & Media matters, but her activity covers a broad range of legal services, including regulatory, employment, general corporate matters and preparation of commercial contracts across a variety of fields and sectors.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Roxana worked as a Senior Contracts Specialist for Oracle, both in Romania and in the London office, being involved in several high-level licensing transactions with some of the largest players in the telecom and banking lines of business in the Europe-Middle East-Africa region.
Outside the office, Roxana loves winter and everything about it: sports and cold weather (to the shock of her colleagues).
• Assisted Simartis Telecom, a leading Romanian software development company with respect to various IP, corporate and regulatory matters, as well as to preparation of various commercial agreements, with particular focus on IP provisions, related to their mobile marketing application;
• Assisted I.T.N.T., a leading Romanian IT & C company regarding an IPR and corporate re-structuring of all its operations in Romania and cross border, as well as with day-to-day commercial, regulatory, IP and corporate matters, including trademark portfolio management;
• Assisted Getlokal, a user generated website and mobile application, with respect to an international IPR corporate restructuring and various commercial, regulatory, IP and corporate matters, including data protection and privacy and trademark portfolio management;
• Active team member in acquisition by a major private equity fund of avocatnet.ro, including due diligence and transaction documents;
• Active due diligence team member for acquisition of major Romanian software programmer by a multinational private equity fund;
• Assisted on various trademark and related corporate matters, including trademark disputes, filings, etc.
• Senior Contracts Specialist, Oracle Romania (April 2010 - November 2012)
• Trainee Lawyer/Paralegal, various Romanian law firms (2007-2010)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)