'' '' '' ''
Galati Bar (admitted 2007)
Mioara joined Biriş Goran in September 2013 as an associate in the litigation department. She has over 12 years experience in all types of commercial litigation before all levels of court, from contractual disputes to real estate title issues. She has developed a particular expertise in white collar crime matters: she has represented multinational companies in the successful criminal prosecution of local rogue employees accused of fraud or other financial crimes, having been responsible for all coordination with police and prosecuting authorities. She can also advise on matters relating to compliance with anti-corruption statutes and is able to assist companies in internal investigations.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Mioara headed the litigation department of a Romanian mid-size law firm, where she was involved in various corporate, commercial and real estate litigation matters.
• Assistance and representation of Farmec SA in a dispute with the Romanian fiscal authorities (ANAF), obtaining the annulment of a taxation decision of approximately EUR 15 million;
• Assistance and representation of Policolor SA and Wirom Gas SA in disputes obtaining the annulment of decisions issued by the Competition Council;
• Representation of several Romanian clients in diverse commercial litigation matters, in cases ranging from debt recovery to labor disputes to annulment of shareholders decisions and shares acquisition agreements;
• Representing local and foreign clients in criminal prosecution of rogue employees accused of fraud, embezzlement, and related white collar crime;
• Assistance on company reorganization and collective dismissal procedure, labor legislation compliance issues, and related matters;
• Assisted an international property developer in various matters, including land acquisition in strategic locations to design and deliver custom-built industrial business parks.
Senior Associate, Cosma & Asociatii Bucuresti (2009-2013)
Junior Associate, Cosma & Asociatii Bucuresti (2007-2009)
Titu Maiorescu University, Faculty of Law, Degree in Conflict Mediation (Master Degree, 2009)
Danubius University Galati, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2004)