Bucharest Bar (admitted 2011)
IP, IT & Media
Corporate / M&A
Roxana joined Biriş Goran in December 2012 as an associate. She is primarily handling IP, IT & Media matters, but her activity covers a broad range of legal services, including regulatory, employment, general corporate matters and preparation of commercial contracts across a variety of fields and sectors.
On the Labor side, Roxana worked on various labor and employment matters, including assistance regarding redundancy programs and collective dismissals, transfer of employees, preparation of complex employment agreements, collective bargaining agreements and internal regulations.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Roxana worked as a Senior Contracts Specialist for Oracle, both in Romania and in the London office, being involved in several high-level licensing transactions with some of the largest players in the telecom and banking lines of business in the Europe-Middle East-Africa region.
Outside the office, Roxana loves winter and everything about it: sports and cold weather (to the shock of her colleagues).
• Assisted a number of clients, such as FusionOps, Vastint, RWE Energie, Simartis Telecom, Wirquin, AdoreMe, CFE Contracting & Engineering and Sustainalytics, on routine employment matters, such as reviewing and revising standard labor agreements, internal labor regulations, compliance with labor code provisions and health and safety requirements, etc.;
• Assisted Coats Plc., on various labor matters including transfer of employees to Aurelius, following a transfer of undertaking;
• Assisted Aversa Manufacturing, part of the Benevo Group, with all labor matters following the acquisition of Aversa factory, which included: employees transfer, drafting the internal regulation, drafting and negotiation of collective labor agreement;
• Assisted OTP Bank on various employment matters, with respect to a complex merger in the banking sector, including employees transfer.
• Senior Contracts Specialist, Oracle Romania (April 2010 - November 2012)
• Trainee Lawyer/Paralegal, various Romanian law firms (2007-2010)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)