Certified Tax Consultant (2007)
ACCA qualified (2005)
Ruxandra Jianu is partner* with Biris Goran Consulting, the tax consultancy firm of Biris Goran. With more than 15 years of experience in tax consultancy, Ruxandra became an expert in restructuring (both domestic and international), mergers & acquisitions, tax reviews and due diligence projects, as well as in assistance during tax inspections.
Ruxandra collaborates with the litigation department with respect to all tax disputes and with the M&A department with respect to all tax issues which may arise in an acquisition, sale or business restructuring process. Her experience gives Biris Goran a unique advantage, as she may advise customers, from high-worth individuals to multinationals, in order to make investments in a tax efficient manner.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Ruxandra was tax partner with TPA Horwath Quintus and tax manager with Philip Morris Romania. Ruxandra began her career in 2000 with PwC in Bucharest, where she started as tax consultant and became tax assistant manager.
Ruxandra is a member of the Tax Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce which constantly participates in consultations with the Ministry of Finance on Fiscal Code changes. She is ACCA qualified since 2005 and is licensed with the Romanian Chamber of Tax Advisors.
Outside the office, Ruxandra enjoys tennis, skiing and travelling to exotic places.
* Ruxandra Jianu is a Partner of Biris Goran Tax Consulting. She is not licensed to practise law.
Member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants (2007)
ACCA qualified since 2005
• Assisted Pumac SA in relation to the sale of a 21,000 sqm land plot strategically located in Bucharest (busy intersection of Iuliu Maniu Boulevard and Vasile Milea Street), to major Swedish developer the Skanska group. This is to be the largest land transaction by transaction value in Romania in 2015.
• Primary tax advisor to the Monsson Group with respect to sale of wind farm project to leading German power generation company, STEAG, with overall acquisition price and investment value exceeding EUR 80 million, as well as all group follow-up tax work;
• Primary tax advisor to Wirom, one of the leading Romanian players in the Romanian natural gas distribution field, in all aspects of fiscal legislation, from profit tax to VAT and excise duties;
• Primary tax advisor to major multinational companies, such as Cosmetics Oriflame Romania, an EU-based global cosmetics company, Red Bull, and others with respect to their day-to-day tax affairs;
• Assisted Wintershall Holding GmbH, a leading global gas company, in its tax audits as well certain restructuring requiring the transactions to be deemed tax-neutral;
• Assisted Romenergo, a leading Romanian energy holding company, in the corporate restructuring through complex spin-off procedure of assets with value of approximately EUR 110 million with a tax neutral application;
• Primary tax advisor to Gran Via, a major Spanish real estate developer with respect to corporate restructuring of its Romanian operations and day-to-day tax and fiscal matters.
• The 2014 edition of Chambers Europe notes that "clients feel they can rely on Ruxandra Jianu's technical advice. She covers all areas of tax and works with the firm's dispute resolution team on contentious cases."
• The 2013 edition of Chambers Europe mentions Ruxandra Jianu as a "key partner at this practice and is praised by clients for her 'impressive breadth of knowledge and passion for tax'".
Tax Partner, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 - 2007)
Tax Manager, Philip Morris Romania (2005 - 2006)
Tax Assistant Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bucharest (2000 - 2005)
Romanian-American University, Faculty of International Relations, Bucharest (Economics Degree from Bucharest University of Economic Studies, 1999)