'' '' '' ''
Bucharest Bar (admitted 2004)
Public Procurement and Public-Private Partnerships
IP, Media & Telecommunications
After completing her LL.M. studies in Vienna, Paula Dicu returns to Biriș Goran to head the Public Procurement Practice. With over 15 years of legal practice, Paula has developed enviable expertise in the field of public procurement and concessions. She is able to advise across the entire lifetime of a project ranging from the assistance for the bid preparation and submission phase with the conclusion and implementation of the public contract. Included in this advice are all legal matters which are directly or indirectly connected with the award and performance of a public projects such as the clarifications submitted to the contracting authorities, the preparation of the claims submitted before the National Claims’ Settlement Council, negotiations for signing the contract or the addenda, communications with the contracting authority concerning various implementation matters or negotiations with the associates or subcontractors, as well as possible litigation.
Paula is also qualified to provide advice on State Aid legal matters concerning the financing of public services within EU.
In September 2014 Paula was awarded an LL.M. in European and International Business Law by the University of Vienna, Austria. Her master’s thesis focused on the enforcement of State Aid rules within the EU public services sector.
• Lead attorney to Compagnie D’entreprises CFE SA and CFE Contracting and Engineering S.R.L. on all legal matters related to the implementation of the public contract: “Design, works and supply of equipments for the project Extension – Upgrading and Equipping of the Children Clinic Hospital “Doctor Victor Gomoiu”;
• Lead attorney to Transtech Global Engineers SRL on legal matters related to the implementation of the public contract: Technical Assistance for the Management of the Project concerning the Design and Supervising the Works for the Project „Rehabilitation of the Water Supply and Swage Systems as well the Cleaning Plants in the Urban Clusters of Vaslui, Barlad, Husi, Negresti from Vaslui County”;
• Lead attorney to Vamed Standortentwicklung und Engineering GmbH & Co. KG with regards to preparing the tender documentation, signing and implementation of the public contract involving works for refurbishment and provision of medical equipment for Dambovita County Hospital, a EU financed project;
• Lead attorney to Vamed Standortentwicklung und Engineering GmbH & Co. KG with regards to preparing the tender documentation, signing and implementation of the turn-key contract involving design and execution works concerning the refurbishment and provision of medical equipment for Baia Mare County Hospital, a EU financed project;
• Lead attorney to Vamed Standortentwicklung und Engineering GmbH & Co. KG with regards to preparing the tender documentation published by Ministry of Health of the Republic of Moldova for awarding the works contract for the construction of the new surgical block for the Republican Clinical Hospital in Chisinau (a World Bank project);
• Legal counsel to WIROM GAS (leading EU-based energy company) relating to various matters involving gas distribution and supply concessions granted by the Romanian Ministry of Economics and Commerce as well as its successful participation in the tender organized by the Romanian Ministry of Economics and Commerce involving the conclusion of a 49 years concession contract for providing natural gas distribution services in the Southern region of Romania.
Of Counsel, Head of Public Procurement Practice, Biriș Goran SPARL (2014- present)
Legal Counsel, Vamed Standortentwicklung und Engineering GmbH & Co. KG, Austria (2010 – 2013)
Senior Associate, Biriș Goran SCPA (2007-2010)
Associate, Musat & Asociații (2003-2007)
Vienna University, Faculty of Law (LL.M. degree, with distinction, 2014)
Bucharest Ecological University, Faculty of Law (Law Degree awarded by University of Bucharest, 2002)