Bucharest Bar (admitted 2000)
Finance & Restructuring
Ana joined Biriş Goran in 2006 and has over 12 years of experience in a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, as well as commercial leasing matters. She currently co-heads the firm’s Corporate/M&A department, where her practice focuses primarily on advising clients on M&A and private equity transactions, having represented a variety of companies, individuals and private equity funds active in areas such as agriculture, real estate, pharmaceuticals, travel, automotive, energy, and leasing and financial services sectors. In the latter, she acquired significant expertise in regulatory matters for non-financial banking institutions.
Ana has also a broad experience in advising international and domestic clients on various corporate and commercial matters, including coordinating all due diligence matters, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance, planning and executing corporate transactions, general contractual relationships and general corporate law. In addition to her corporate practice, many of the firm’s clients have come to rely on her years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial leases: retail, office and industrial.
Prior to joining Biriş Goran, Ana practiced in a multinational corporation in the financial services sector and in two other leading law firms.
Outside the office, Ana has a soft spot for interior design and European art house movies.
• Lead attorney in advising a group of private U.S. investors in an OPIC-financed multi-million EUR investment in an agricultural cooperative;
• Advising a group of private U.S. investors in establishing a non-banking financial institution;
• Lead attorney to Raiffeisen Property International, Aberdeen Property Investors, and Europa Capital on various commercial leases, ranging from retail to office and industrial;
• Lead attorney to a leading U.S. pharmaceutical company on a potential acquisition of a Romanian gel caps manufacturer, including full-scale due diligence;
• Lead associate on sale of Upground Estates to an investment arm of the Deutsche Bank group for a total value of EUR 340 million, in what is still the largest real estate transaction in Romania to date;
• Lead associate and team leader in sale of Romstal Leasing to a major Belgian financial concern for a total value of EUR 72 million; and
• Lead associate and team leader to GED Capital, a major Spanish investment fund, with respect to acquisition of Prestige Tours and restructuring of Happy Tour Group.
• Associate, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii (2005 - 2006)
• In-house counsel, Raiffeisen Leasing (2003 - 2006)
• Associate, Bucharest office of leading Greek law firm (2001 - 2003)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2000)