Bucharest Bar (admitted 1998)
IP, IT & Media
Few lawyers in Romania have as much experience in real estate matters as Daniela. Having practiced for over 15 years, Daniela was involved as lead attorney in dozens of major real estate developments throughout the country: office, retail and residential. She is particularly skilled in assessing risks in title investigations and restitution law claims, as well a commercial leasing, acquisitions and sales, and bank financing matters. Her clients include multinational developers as well as high-net-worth individuals.
Daniela worked for the firm from 2006 to 2007 and rejoined the firm in 2010 as an Of Counsel after a two-year stint as general counsel to a leading Romania media company. In that capacity, she focused on corporate governance issues, media regulatory matters, and commercial contracts. She also has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions in the audiovisual and online media sectors, as well as content acquisitions – a practice which has continued at the Firm to date.
Previously, between 2000 and 2007, Daniela worked for the Romanian office of Israeli firm Firon Bar Nir.
Outside the office, Daniela enjoys tennis (former professional) and travelling.
• Lead attorney to a major German logistics company in all matters related to a long-term lease in an industrial park, including negotiations with local authorities, regulatory and all related corporate matters;
• Lead attorney in major anchor commercial lease negotiations for shopping center landlord clients;
• Lead attorney to a U.S.-backed major residential developer in a multi-million EUR acquisition for a residential development;
• Coordination of due diligence efforts for multi-hundred hectare sites for potential developments;
• Representation of a multinational media company in the acquisition of a competing company involved in publication of numerous top glossy magazines, etc.
Senior Associate, Firon Bar Nir (2000 - 2007)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 1997)