'' '' '' ''
Bucharest Bar (admitted 2005)
Finance & Restructuring
Mariana has significant experience in real estate transactions with a particular accent on financing, and is a key member of the Real Estate team as a senior associate. She specializes in title investigations, acquisitions, as well as ancillary contracts and documents related to real estate development and transactions and she acted in numerous high profile real estate projects.
She has also been involved in numerous real estate and non-real estate financings, finance restructurings and alternative financings where she assisted major international developers and leading financial groups on projects ranging from loan restructuring to financing and refinancing or project and asset financing.
Mariana holds a M.Sc. in law and finance from Queen Mary University of London.
Outside the office, Mariana enjoys travelling and cooking.
• Lead associate in advising a long-standing client, Romanian property manager Adval Asset Management, on all financing, security and due diligence matters in the successful restructuring and refinancing of the Cascade Office, a fully let modern office building of approximately 4,200 sqm area located on Buzesti Street, in a major Bucharest business district;
• Assisted Adamerica, a major real estate developer, on all the financing aspects of its acquisition of Phoenix Tower, a 10,000 sqm office tower located on Calea Vitan in Bucharest, the first office transaction in 2016;
• Assisted Vastint Romania, member of the Inter IKEA Property Division, in the acquisition of a 48-hectare land plot acquired to develop a mixed-use project, with a focus on residential, in one of the largest transactions in Romania in 2016;
• Legal advisor as regards the restructuring of loans granted by Cyprus bank to Romanian subsidiary of foreign fund and take-over of various group companies by foreign fund and obtaining refinancing from local bank;
• Legal advisor to a Romanian group of companies in agricultural business, as regards the restructuring of various loans granted by Romanian and foreign banks (Banca Comerciala Romana S.A., BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A., BROM, Exim, etc) in the context of the sale of the group of companies;
• Lead associate in advising a Canadian trade finance company in financing the acquisition of certain assets by Romanian company;
• Lead associate in restructuring of a EUR 45 million real estate financing for a shopping center development in Bucharest;
• Lead associate in an OPIC-financed investment in the agricultural sector by a group of US private investors, including all financing as well as corporate agricultural co-op documentation;
• Lead associate for a major UK-based real estate investment fund in its actual and potential acquisitions for residential development in Bucharest, including due diligence as well as all transaction documents;
• Lead associate for a major developer with an array of projects developed in CEE in the last 20 years, as regards the restructuring of a loan granted to it by a foreign bank for construction, development, management, operation and maintenance of certain commercial real estate project, as well as additional financing; these are cross-border deals which involved share capital increase operation, various tax and fiscal aspects;
• Lead associate to an Israeli real estate developer as regards the restructuring of loans granted by an Austrian Bank;
• Associate on several financial leasing, leasing, acquisition and development matters pertaining to industrial parks, residential and office buildings by various Romanian and foreign investment companies.
• Associate, Romanian law firm (2005 - 2006)
• Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Commercial Law Studies and School of Economics and Finance (M. Sc Law and Finance Programme, 2012)
• Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Center for European Studies, (Master’s Degree in European Studies, 2005; Jean Monnet Fellow at WU-WIEN, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration)
• Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2003)