Bucharest Bar (admitted 2006)
Raluca joined Biriş Goran as a Partner in 2006, and currently heads the Insolvency practice and is a licensed insolvency practitioner. She is also heavily involved in litigation and real estate matters.
As part of her insolvency practice, she acts as trustee-in-bankruptcy/liquidator (administrator judiciar) in a number of high-profile cases involving companies in the real estate, pharmaceutical, and transportation fields involving in total hundreds of millions of EUR. As part of her mandate, she successfully presides over often-contentious creditor meetings and prepares potential reorganization plans. She is just as able to advise the firm’s clients in insolvency procedures, often acting to protect the interests of creditors.
In the real estate field, few lawyers on the Romanian market have as much experience as Raluca. Before joining Biris Goran, she was chief operating officer of CEFIN, a leading logistics developer in Romania, and previously was four years chief legal counsel to the Avrig 35 Group, where she supervised tens of projects including landmark projects such as the Charles de Gaulle office project, the Canadian Embassy, and others. In this capacity, and in her representation of Biris Goran clients, she has been involved in all real estate matters from A to Z: acquisitions, title investigations, title disputes, construction matters, industrial and office leases, zoning, etc. It is no stretch to say that her experience is unparalled, and specializes in finding true quick solutions to problems deemed unworkable by other lawyers.
Outside the office, Raluca enjoys reading and Mediterranean cuisine.
Licensed insolvency practitioner
• Trustee-in-bankruptcy for various major companies in the real estate, transportation and pharmaceutical fields;
• Lead lawyer to Chimopar SA, a leading holder of key commercial real estate assets, in its restructuring of debts and strategic sale of assets.
The 2016 edition of Chambers Europe appreciate Raluca for "her ability to find creative solutions to complex matters, and understand the need for fast solutions under challenging conditions." (Chambers Europe 2016).
• Chief Operating Officer, Cefin Real Estate (2005 – 2006)
• Chief Legal Counsel, Avrig 35 Group (2001 – 2005)
• Legal Counsel with Iacob si Asociatii (2000 - 2001)
• Legal Counsel with Cobuz si Asociatii (1999 - 2000)
• Legal Counsel with the Ministry of Finance, Legal Department (1998 -1999)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 1998)