Bucharest Bar (admitted 2003)
Finance & Restructuring
Ştefăniţă joined Biriş Goran in 2014 as a senior attorney primarily assigned to the Firm’s real estate practice. He has over 12 years of experience in providing transactional and regulatory advice concerning a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions.
Ştefăniţă has the advantage of years of experience working with banking and non-banking financial institutions:
• five (5) years as a de facto in-house lawyer with ING Romania, where he performed extensive title investigations and other real estate matters involving acquisition, disposal, financing, and leasing;
• two (2) years as chief in-house counsel for Romanian companies belonging to Kardan Group, where he was involved in all sorts of financing, corporate, and regulatory matters.
This experience has given him broad exposure to a large number of matters and the need to perform risk assessments according to bank standards. Hiring Ştefăniţă reinforces the Firm’s commitment to providing work product according to these standards.
Outside the office, Ştefăniţă enjoys classic Romanian literature and is passionate about ancient and medieval history.
• Assisted Raiffeisen Evolution in the sale of Promenada Mall, the largest real estate transaction on the Romanian market in 2014;
• Assisted Pumac SA in the sale of a 21,000 sqm land plot to Skanska Group, in the largest land transaction (by transaction value) on the Romanian market in 2015;
• Assisted Gran Via, one of the most important developers in the Romanian and Spanish real estate market, in the acquisition of a 10,341 sqm land plot for the development of a major residential project;
• Lead attorney in major real estate transactions (having an aggregate value exceeding EUR 360 million), by providing legal advice and representation to various cross-border investors (i.e. Israeli, Dutch, British etc.)
• Lead attorney in the establishment and registration of banking and non-banking financial institutions with Romanian authorities (i.e. National Bank of Romania, Trade Registry etc.)
• Coordinating various project teams and legal departments, in respect to drafting corporate documents, preparing legal opinions, providing day-to-day legal advice, handling litigation files, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements
Head of Legal Department, TBIF Romania (2010-2012)
Senior Associate, Wood Dumitrescu & Associates (2005-2007)
Associate, Coţofană Sellier & Associates (2003-2005)
National School of Political and Administrative Studies (M.P.A., 2004)
University of Craiova,Faculty of Law Nicolae Titulescu (Law Degree, 2002)