Alin joined Biriș Goran in May 2014 as a tax consultant, having practiced in the taxation field in Romania since 2012. Alin has been involved in numerous tax assignments ranging from due diligence reviews, tax registration and compliance, assistance during tax audits, as well as other advisory matters. During the course of these assignments, he has gained particular experience on VAT, corporate, withholding and income taxation, excise duties, as well as transfer pricing.
Alin graduated from the Romanian-American University in Bucharest with both master’s (2013) and undergraduate (2011) degrees in banking and finance.
Outside the office, Alin enjoys playing competitive PC games and broadening his music collection.
*Alin is a tax consultant and is not licensed to practice law.
• Drafting of tax appeals;
• Handled various registration procedures (VAT and others) and compliance procedures including relations with authorities;
• Assistance of clients during tax audits;
• Performed general and specific tax reviews of local companies;
• Assisting in drafting transfer pricing documentation for local subsidiaries of multinational groups.
Tax Consultant, Ernst & Young (2014)
Tax Consultant, Mazars Romania (2012 – 2014)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of Domestic and International-Commercial, Financial and Banking Affairs (Master’s Degree, 2013)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of Domestic and International-Commercial, Financial and Banking Affairs (Finance and Banking Degree, 2011)
• Fixed Assets Revaluation: Tax and Accounting Issues (Curierul Fiscal, 2012)
• VAT registration procedure (Curierul Fiscal, 2015)
• Taxation of tips – theory and practice (Curierul Fiscal, 2014)