Bucharest Bar (admitted 2009)
Anca joined Biriş Goran in 2012 and has over 6 years experience in a wealth of litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on labor and tax, as well as other civil matters. Anca is recognized and appreciated both by clients and professionals as an experienced adviser on labor related matters. Her labor practice is innovative in a harsh and very strict regulated environment. Starting from June 2016, Anca was appointed the Head of the Labor Practice.
Before joining Biriș Goran, Anca worked as a senior lawyer with another law firm, where she was a member of the Litigation Department, providing counseling and legal representation before Romanian Courts of Justice, as well as before domestic Courts of Arbitration.
Outside the office, Anca devotes considerable time to charitable initiatives, as she set up an NGO devoted to help gifted children living in orphanages and poverty-stricken families. Most notable actions are the yearly Christmas and Easter fund raising campaigns whereby lots of goods are collected and delivered to children in need, as well as Charity Fairs where local artisans sell their handmade products and donate the money for books and other educational materials.
• Successfully assisted and counseled a major banking group with the transfer of employees under Council Directive 2001/23/EC within a process of merger;
• Assistance on fiscal employment optimization (including secondment arrangements) for several significant temporary employment agencies;
• Assistance in a VAT related case in a preliminary reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union, where the ruling affected the VAT taxation on all domestic transactions;
• Advising numerous Firm clients on tax litigations in various forms;
• Advising numerous Firm clients on labor matters such as unfair dismissal, disciplinary action and breach of contract, unlawful termination, Labor Code compliance issues, non-compete clauses, and related matters, both on and off courts of justice.
• Senior Associate, Mircea & Partners (February 2010 - September 2012)
• Paralegal and Junior Lawyer, Mircea & Partners (October 2008 - February 2010)
• Aide to Member of Parliament (September 2005 - October 2006)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of Law, Bucharest (Law Degree, 2008)
• Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Faculty of Environment Economy (Economics Degree, 2007)