Bucharest Bar (admitted 2009)
Andra joined Biriş Goran in early 2010 as an associate and has played a versatile litigator role in commercial disputes and in contentious insolvency and bankruptcy files. On commercial disputes, her practice has focused on debt recovery, labor, tax contestations, as well as contractual disputes. On the insolvency front, her practice focuses on representing creditors in maximizing their recovery, and also assisting firm-licensed insolvency practitioners on various matters.
The files described above involve clients in a wide range of industries, including energy and natural resources, chemicals, and wood-processing. She also has been involved in white collar crime matters, including assisting multinational companies achieve remedial action against rogue employees.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Andra worked as a junior lawyer with a regional law firm, where she was involved in various corporate, commercial, competition and labor matters.
Outside the office, Andra enjoys spending time with her daughter and travelling.
• Representing a leading wine producer in taxation disputes with the local tax authorities;
• Representing a well-known bank in a labour law arbitration file with a former managing director requesting damages for alleged unlawful termination of the management agreement;
• Assisting a major multinational company in the fabrics industry in remedial action against rogue local employees charged with embezzlement and related white collar crime, including related labor litigation; work also included debt recovery from implicated commercial partners;
• Representing major international real estate developers in various matters, including harassment lawsuits and contractual disputes with third parties;
• Assistance on various insolvency and unfair competition matters.
• Associate, Biris Goran SPARL (January 2010 - January 2016)
• Stagiaire, bpv Grigorescu (February 2009 – January 2010)
• Paralegal, bpv Grigorescu (October 2008 – February 2009)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Master’s Degree in Business Law, 2009)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)