'' '' '' ''
ACCA qualified (2014)
Member of ANEVAR (2014)
Member of the Fiscal Consultants Chamber (2015)
ADIT accreditation (2019)
Ioana joined Biriș Goran in November 2013 as a senior tax consultant with over seven years experience on both local and international matters. In 2019, she was promoted to Senior Tax Manager within the Tax team. Ioana is an expert on corporate and international taxation matters: from tax due diligence to on-site assistance to clients during tax audits to compliance and general taxation queries. She is also versed in financial analysis, including Romanian statutory accounting and IFRS. Previously, Ioana worked for five years for Mazars Romania.
In January 2015 Ioana became a member of the Fiscal Consultants Chamber. She is also an authorized assessor of undertakings, intangible assets and goodwill and an ACCA member since 2014. In August 2019, Ioana received a diploma in ADIT (Advanced Diploma in International Taxation), being one of the approximately 1,100 tax consultants who hold such accreditation worldwide.
Ioana graduated from the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, where she completed a Master’s Program on Corporate Finance in 2010 and from the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at the University Al. I. Cuza of Iasi in 2008.
Outside the office, Ioana enjoys going to the theatre, reading and studying British culture and civilization.
*Ioana is a tax consultant and is not licensed to practice law.
ACCA qualified since 2014
Member of Romanian National Association of Chartered Surveyors (ANEVAR) since 2014
Member of the Fiscal Consultants Chamber since 2015
ADIT accreditation since 2019
• Participated in the tax due diligence performed for Dacris concerning another important player in the Romanian stationary industry;
• Assisted Romaqua in a tax audit concerning corporate tax issues and deductibility of certain IP expenses and regarding he valuation of IP assets;
• Provided consultancy regarding the activity of various freelancers collaborating with companies acting in pharma, healthcare and advertising;
• Assisted Filiala de Distribuție a Energiei Electrice „Electrica Distribuție Muntenia Nord” SA in a tax audit by drafting an appeal against the notice of assessment issued by the National Tax Administration Agency;
• Ongoing day-to-day tax assistance to Red Bull Romania, Cristim, Meli Melo and LeasePlan on all aspects related to their Romanian operations;
• Ongoing tax assistance to Tinmar, a leading Romanian energy and natural resources concern, in connection with the acquisition of solar plant equipment, and on day-to-day business activities, including assistance in relation to business restructuring and with transfer pricing;
• Involvement in several real estate tax and financial due diligence projects;
• Involvement in a tax due diligence project for the acquisition of some Romanian companies operating in agriculture;
• Drafting accounting policies manuals and other financial and tax internal procedures for various clients;
• Drafting procedures concerning electronic invoices for various companies and providing support in their implementation;
• Assistance to various companies operating in the renewable energy during VAT-reimbursement tax audits;
• Provided tax advisory to various companies with regard to various fiscal, financial and accounting matters and in relation to the National Tax Administration Agency.
• Supervising Senior Consultant, Mazars Romania (2009 - 2013)
• Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banking and Stock Exchanges (Master's Degree, 2010)
• University Al. I. Cuza of Iasi, Faculty Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (Finance and Banking Degree, 2008)