Bucharest Bar (admitted 2004)
Competition / Antitrust
Mihai Nuşcă joined Biriş Goran in 2009 and heads the Litigation and Labor Practices since May 2012. Mihai has over 10 years experience in all forms of litigation, including commercial, administrative, and tax files at all levels of court, arbitration, and administrative authorities. He also has experience on white collar crime matters, having represented various multinationals in internal compliance reviews and actions against rogue employees. He also has handled lawsuits involving state aid and antitrust matters.
In the past, he was involved in legislative drafting involving casino and gaming as well as agricultural legislation.
Outside the office, he enjoys lecturing to students at his alma mater and the occasional game of chess.
• Assistance in a VAT related case in a preliminary reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union, where the ruling is expected to affect the VAT taxation on all domestic transactions;
• Managing multiple tax contestation files for various amounts;
• Assistance to a multinational cement manufacturer in connection with the annulment of a three-to-two merger clearance decision of the national competition authority;
• Assistance to a major telecoms multinational in a multi-million EUR commercial dispute with a trade partner in the context of latter’s insolvency;
• Legal advisor to a world-leading global nutrition, health and wellness company, involving complex tax and IP rights litigation matters;
• Assistance to one of Romania’s leading renewable energy companies concerning contractual disputes relating to EU financed wind energy projects.
• Partner, Biris Goran SPARL (2014 – present)
• Senior Associate, Biris Goran SCPA (2009 - 2013)
• Co-founding Partner, Mircea & Asociatii (2006 - 2008)
• Founder, Mihai Nusca Law Office
• University of Craiova, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2002)