Certified Tax Consultant (2007)
ACCA qualified (2005)
Ruxandra Jianu is partner with Biris Goran Consulting, the tax consultancy firm of Biris Goran. With more than 15 years of experience in tax consultancy, Ruxandra became an expert in restructuring (both domestic and international), mergers & acquisitions, tax reviews and due diligence projects, as well as in assistance during tax inspections. Ruxandra collaborates with the litigation department with respect to all tax disputes and with the M&A department with respect to all tax issues which may arise in an acquisition, sale or business restructuring process.
Her experience gives Biris Goran a unique advantage, as she may advise customers, from high-worth individuals to multinationals, in order to make investments in a tax efficient manner.
Before joining Biris Goran, Ruxandra was Tax Partner with TPA Horwath Quintus and tax manager with Philip Morris Romania. Ruxandra began her career in 2000 with PwC in Bucharest, where she started as tax consultant and became tax assistant manager.
Ruxandra is a tax advisor registered with the Romanian Chamber of Tax Advisors and is ACCA qualified since 2005. She is also a member of the Tax Committee within the American Chamber of Commerce and of the workgroup which advises the Ministry of Finance on Fiscal Code and Fiscal Procedure Code changes and modernization.
Outside the office, Ruxandra enjoys tennis, skiing and travelling to exotic places.
* Ruxandra Jianu is a Partner of Biris Goran Tax Consulting. She is not licensed to practise law.
• Member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants (2007)
• ACCA qualified since 2005
• Tax advisor to Farmec SA in a dispute with the Romanian tax authorities (ANAF),where Biris Goran team obtained the annulment of a taxation decision of approximately EUR 15 million;
• Assisted Pumac SA in relation to the sale of a 21,000 sqm land plot strategically located in Bucharest (busy intersection of Iuliu Maniu Boulevard and Vasile Milea Street), to major Swedish developer the Skanska group. This is to be the largest land transaction by transaction value in Romania in 2015;
• Ongoing assistance to Monsson Group with day-to-day tax and business matters as well as with company restructuring; assistance was offered on the sale of wind farm project to leading German power generation company, Steag, with overall acquisition price and investment value exceeding EUR 80 million;
• Ongoing tax assitance to Tinmar, a leading Romanian energy and natural resources concern, in connection with the acquisition of solar plant equipment, and on day-to-day business activities, including assistance in relation to business restructuring and with transfer pricing;
• Primary tax advisor to Wirom, one of the leading Romanian players in the Romanian natural gas distribution field, in all aspects of fiscal legislation, from profit tax to VAT and excise duties;
• Primary tax advisor to major multinational companies, such as Cosmetics Oriflame Romania, an EU-based global cosmetics company, Red Bull, and others with respect to their day-to-day tax affairs;
• Assisted Wintershall Holding GmbH, a leading global gas company, in its tax audits as well certain restructuring requiring the transactions to be deemed tax-neutral.
• Ruxandra Jianu "is praised by clients for her impressive breadth of knowledge and passion for tax." (Chambers Europe)
• Tax Partner, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 - 2007)
• Tax Manager, Philip Morris Romania (2005 - 2006)
• Tax Assistant Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bucharest (2000 - 2005)
• Romanian-American University, Faculty of International Relations, Bucharest (Economics Degree from Bucharest University of Economic Studies, 1999)