'' '' '' ''
Bucharest Bar (admitted 2007)
Răzvan joined Biriş Goran in 2010 and as a senior associate focuses primarily on competition and antitrust matters and mergers and acquisitions. He focuses on antitrust compliance matters and antitrust investigations and also has specific experience on merger control matters.
He advised clients in industries such as: tobacco, fast moving consumer goods, construction, pharmaceuticals and banking. Razvan gained in the recent years significant experience in litigating antitrust matters, being key lawyer in several antitrust litigation files.
Răzvan was the lead lawyer in the RCC food retail investigation completed in April 2015, securing the second smallest fine for our client, Savencia (formerly Bongrain). He was also the lead lawyer in an investigation on the paints and lacquers market, obtaining the exoneration of the leading DYI retailer in Romania of a 4 million fine. Key clients include Viessmann, Policolor, Profi (a leading Romanian food retailer), Procter & Gamble and Japan Tobacco International.
Previously, Răzvan was an associate with the Bucharest office of Dentons and the associated office of a Magic Circle law firm. He has an LL.M. degree focusing on Commercial Law and EU Competition Law from the University of Cambridge (2008).
Outside the office, Răzvan is an avid concert-goer and consummate movie buff.
• Representing clients from various industry, FMCG and financial services sectors (among others) before the Competition Council in the context of antitrust investigations targeting both vertical restrictive practices and horizontal collusion cases;
• Assisting clients with respect to various general and specific competition law compliance matters, antitrust compliance audits, as well as antitrust trainings;
• Representing clients before the Competition Council with respect to merger control proceedings in a wide variety of industries, including publishing, advertising, travel, and food retail;
• Assisted one of the leading global advertising and communications companies with respect to several acquisitions in Romania and related merger control work;
• Associate, Romanian affiliate of Allen & Overy (2009 - 2010)
• Associate, Salans Bucharest (2006 - 2009)
• University of Cambridge, Sidney Sussex College (LL.M. in Commercial Law, 2008)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2006)
• Co-author (with Gelu Goran and Dan Jalbă) of the analysis article “Romania's Leniency Programme: Critical Overview” (2013), published online by Practical Law Company at: Romania's Leniency Programme
• Co-author (with Gelu Goran) of the Romanian chapter of “Merger Control - Jurisdictional Comparisons” (2011) (part of The European Lawyer Reference series).