Bucharest Bar (admitted 2000)
Ana joined Biriş Goran in 2006 and has over 17 years of experience in a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, as well as commercial leasing matters. In 2014 she became a Partner and she currently co-heads the firm’s Corporate/M&A department, where her practice focuses primarily on advising clients on M&A and private equity transactions, having represented a variety of companies, individuals and private equity funds active in areas such as agriculture, real estate, pharmaceuticals, travel, automotive, energy, and leasing and financial services sectors. In the latter, she acquired significant expertise in regulatory matters for non-financial banking institutions.
Ana has also a broad experience in advising international and domestic clients on various corporate and commercial matters, including coordinating all due diligence matters, shareholders’ agreements, corporate governance, planning and executing corporate transactions, general contractual relationships and general corporate law.
In addition to her corporate practice, many of the firm’s clients have come to rely on her years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial leases: retail, office and industrial.
Prior to joining Biriş Goran, Ana practiced in a multinational corporation in the financial services sector and in two other leading law firms.
Outside the office, Ana has a soft spot for interior design and European art house movies.
• Assisted Romanian investor in the hostile takeover of Romprim SA, a leading Romanian fire-fighting and other special vehicles manufacturer, and owner of prime real estate in Bucharest;
• Regular legal advisor to Liebrecht & Wood, a leading developer in the CEE region with numerous projects in Romania, on all leasing matters relating to its outlet centre, Fashion House and retail park, West Park;
• Regular legal advisor to Aberdeen Asset Management Deutschland AG, a member of UK fund giant Aberdeen, on all leasing matters over several years related to “Phoenix Tower,” an office building located on Calea Vitan in Bucharest;
• Lead attorney to Raiffeisen Property International, a special asset management arm of Raiffeisen Bank, regarding its flagship “Sky Tower”, the tallest office building in Romania, with various leasing and day-to-day matters, including the negotiation and signing of a 10,400 sqm lease with Oracle, the largest office lease transaction in Romania in 2015;
• Lead attorney in advising a group of private U.S. investors in an OPIC-financed multi-million EUR investment in an agricultural cooperative;
• Associate, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii (2005 - 2006)
• In-house counsel, Raiffeisen Leasing (2003 - 2006)
• Associate, Bucharest office of leading Greek law firm (2001 - 2003)
Romanian-American University, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2000)