'' '' '' ''
Certified Tax Consultant (2007)
ACCA qualified (2005)
Ruxandra Jianu is partner* with Biris Goran Consulting, the tax consultancy firm of Biris Goran. With more than 15 years of experience in tax consultancy, Ruxandra became an expert in restructuring (both domestic and international), mergers & acquisitions, tax reviews and due diligence projects, as well as in assistance during tax inspections.
Ruxandra collaborates with the litigation department with respect to all tax disputes and with the M&A department with respect to all tax issues which may arise in an acquisition, sale or business restructuring process. Her experience gives Biris Goran a unique advantage, as she may advise customers, from high-worth individuals to multinationals, in order to make investments in a tax efficient manner.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Ruxandra was tax partner with TPA Horwath Quintus and tax manager with Philip Morris Romania. Ruxandra began her career in 2000 with PwC in Bucharest, where she started as tax consultant and became tax assistant manager.
Ruxandra is a tax advisor registered with the Romanian Chamber of Tax Advisors and is ACCA qualified since 2005. She was also the 2018 coordinator of the Tax Task Force within Coalitia pentru Dezvoltarea României. Ruxandra is a member of the Tax Committees within the AOAR (“Asociația Omenilor de Afaceri din România) and of American Chamber of Commerce, being actively involved in the work-group which advises the Ministry of Finance on Fiscal Code and Fiscal Procedure Code changes and modernization.
Outside the office, Ruxandra enjoys tennis, skiing and travelling to exotic places.
* Ruxandra Jianu is a Partner of Biris Goran Tax Consulting. She is not licensed to practise law.
Member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants (2007)
ACCA qualified since 2005
• Primary tax advisor to major multinational companies, such as Oriflame Romania, Red Bull, Kika, LeasePlan and others with respect to their day-to-day tax affairs.
• Successfully represented Farmec, the largest cosmetics manufacturer in Romania, in a complex tax litigation case triggered by a tax decision issued by the tax authorities. Our team obtained the annulment of a taxation decision of approximately EUR 15 million and the decision is definitive;
• The 2018 edition of Chambers Europe appreciate Ruxandra as being "very switched on and responsive, with excellent technical knowledge." Another interviewee notes that she "has a very good understanding of our business and of the business environment in general."
• The 2017 edition of Chambers Europe praise Ruxandra for her "skill in advisory matters relating to M&A, restructurings and real estate investments. She acts for multinational corporations on tax reviews, due diligence, inspections and disputes. Clients note her availability and say that she is an "excellent tax adviser."
Tax Partner, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 - 2007)
Tax Manager, Philip Morris Romania (2005 - 2006)
Tax Assistant Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bucharest (2000 - 2005)
Romanian-American University, Faculty of International Relations, Bucharest (Economics Degree from Bucharest University of Economic Studies, 1999)