'' '' '' ''
Bucharest Bar (admitted 2007)
Sorin is a veteran of Biriş Goran and its real estate practice, having joined the firm at its inception in 2006, and in 2017 he became a Partner. With over 13 years experience, Sorin is a specialist in all aspects of real estate law, and a key member of the firm’s Real Estate practice, with a particular emphasis on zoning and related regulatory matters, construction law (including many FIDIC and other types of construction agreements under his belt), title investigations, and acquisitions. His client base ranges from major multinational investors to local high-net-worth individuals.
In addition to real estate, Sorin has also studied antitrust in graduate school at the University of Amsterdam and has since been involved in antitrust compliance audits and advised clients from various industries ranging from construction materials and FMCG to banking on numerous compliance matters.
Before joining Biriş Goran, Sorin was a paralegal with the Bucharest office of Salans.
Outside the office, Sorin enjoys symphonic music and has a particular fondness for contemporary Spanish literature.
• Assisted the Romanian company of the Rossmann Groupe, leading packaging manufacturer in Europe and Africa, in the acquisition of a 9.5 ha piece of land in Popesti Leordeni, Ilfov County, for the construction of a new
factory. Assistance is offered in the subsequent development matters;
• Assisted Aberdeen Asset Management Deutschland AG a German investment fund, in the sale of the Auchan Titan Commercial Centre in a transaction of EUR 86 million;
• Advising Gran Via, a major Spanish real estate developer, on construction and zoning matters;
• Advising local developers on various regulatory matters, with focus on urbanism, construction rights, building permits, taking-over of the construction works procedure and fire permits.
• Partner, Biris Goran (2017 - present)
• Associate and Senior Associate, Biris Goran (2006 - 2016)
• Paralegal, Salans Bucharest (2005 - 2006)
• University of Amsterdam, Faculty of International and European Law, Master Programme European Competition Law and Regulations (LL.M., 2011)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2006)
• Attended the International Seminar on “The Practical Use of the 1999 FIDIC Conditions of Contract and the MDB Harmonized Contract 2006” organized by European Construction Ventures in partnership with FIDIC (October 2008, Brussels, Belgium)