BirișGoran has one of the top tax practices in the country
a unique offering given that few firms are able to offer tax advice at international standards.
When representing our clients, our tax group regularly cooperates on all transactions with our legal group, and thus we are able to keep everything “under one roof” to ensure standard, business-oriented and cost-effective advice to achieve the clients’ goals.
Given the business environment in Romania, having qualified tax advice is particularly important to a successful investment. And we can advise on all aspects of it. Our tax practice managed by experts Gabriel Biriș and Ruxandra Jianu, is geared to assisting our clients in the planning and structuring of tax efficient multi-jurisdictional, cross border transactions, as well as optimally resolving tax-related controversies. Our attorneys and tax consultants have extensive experience in matters involving, among other things, tax treaties, inter-company pricing, in-bound and out-bound investments and transfer of property, branch interest/profit tax and permanent establishments.
We also assist our clients during tax inspections and we provide comprehensive assistance in solving any tax disputes with the authorities at all levels.
The team comprises 10 tax lawyers and tax advisers, including two partners. BirișGoran’s tax practice has expanded by adding a Transfer pricing team to the tax group. We also provide Transfer pricing advice and assistance during tax audits in the Transfer pricing field.
The tax practice has been ranked top in the country by legal directories such as Chambers Europe ever since 2008.
Our tax services include:
- Tax advisory services & Registration;
- Tax structuring – Optimization of group structure and internal operations
- Tax reviews (due diligence reports, in-depth and red flag);
- Assistance during tax inspections, including VAT reimbursement;
- Tax litigation and tax appeals – our tax & litigation departments are well equipped to assist you with all instances of tax litigation, from the administrative procedure and up to court representation.