Mariana is an experienced lawyer in real estate and project finance transactions, currently acting as co-head of the Banking and Finance Practice and a key member of the Real Estate team.
She has been involved in numerous financings, finance restructurings and alternative financings where she assisted major international developers and leading financial groups. Her experience and activity complete our firm’s assistance towards the banking sector.
Mariana also specializes in title investigations and acquisitions related to real estate development and transactions and she acted in numerous high profile real estate projects.
Mariana holds a M.Sc. in law and finance from Queen Mary University of London and she was a Jean Monnet Fellow at WU-WIEN Vienna University of Economic and Business Administration.
Outside the office, Mariana enjoys travelling.
- Assisted Zeus International, a Greek-based regional hospitality management and restructuring company, in its expansion by means of securing a loan facility from the Wyndham Group for funding and operating of a new top hotel in Greece.
- Assisted Hagag Development Europe, on all the Romanian aspects of the financing, refinancing and restructuring of their operations and properties in Romania.
- Assistance regarding the complex financing of Romtec Austria SRL (a local manufacturer and seller of car maintenance liquids), with Exim Bank (a specialized financial institution that is actively involved in supporting and promoting the Romanian business environment), of five investment and credit line facilities.
- Assisted Swiss investor Philippe Jacobs and Ibitol Group in the sale of its flagship office center Coresi Business Park, via a share deal transaction, to leading European commercial real estate company, Immochan.
- Curitiba, a major Israeli real estate investor in a large sale and leaseback transaction for a landmark office building with UniCredit Leasing Corporation.
- Assisted PineBridge Investments, a global asset manager in the financial and corporate structuring of some real estate companies, transaction which involved financing and refinancing coordination and negotiations.
- Assisted Adval Asset Management, Romanian property manager, on all financing, security and due diligence matters in the successful restructuring and refinancing of the Cascade Office, a fully let modern office building of approximately 4,200 sqm area located on Buzesti Street, in a major Bucharest business district.
- Assisted Adamerica, a major real estate developer, on all the financing aspects of its acquisition of Phoenix Tower, a 10,000 sqm office tower located on Calea Vitan in Bucharest, the first office transaction in 2016.
- Assisted Vastint Romania, member of Inter IKEA Property Division, in the acquisition of a 48-hectare land plot acquired to develop a mixed-use project, with a focus on residential.
- Legal advisor to a Romanian group of companies in agricultural business, as regards the restructuring of various loans granted by Romanian and foreign banks (Banca Comercială Română S.A., BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A., BROM, Exim, etc.) in the context of the sale of the group of companies.
- Associate, Romanian law firm (2005 – 2006)
- Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Commercial Law Studies and School of Economics and Finance (M. Sc Law and Finance Programme, 2012)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Center for European Studies, (Master’s Degree in European Studies, 2005; Jean Monnet Fellow at WU-WIEN, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2003)