Raluca joined BirișGoran in November 2021, as a Senior Associate. She has over 11 years of experience in all types of litigation, representing multinational companies, financial institutions, national and international investors and entrepreneurs both in court and arbitration proceedings, with a special focus on tax, administrative and corporate matters.
Outside the office, Raluca is a foodie, always on the hunt for new delights, ideally alongside a good cup of coffee.
- Representing one of the largest Romanian hotel companies in obtaining the annulment of point 60 of the Methodological Norms for the application of the Fiscal Code (regarding the deductibility of the interest expenses and the net loss on exchange differences);
- Representing an important local public entity in annulling the reverification decision issued by the tax authorities for VAT and late payment charges, altogether with the annulment and the suspension of the effects of the subsequent tax deeds resulting from the reverification procedure;
- Representing one of the largest Spanish developers in a complex, high-value arbitration, having as object the damage claim for the unlawful termination of FIDIC Red Book Contract concluded for the rehabilitation of a Romanian national road sector;
- Representing one of the most important licensed Financial Investment Services providers in Romania, in front of the Court of International Commercial Arbitration, in multiple arbitration cases regarding transactions with financial derivatives such as contracts for difference (known as CFD);
- Representing one of the largest Romanian real estate developers in a corporate dispute regarding forced share capital increase by the Romanian State.
- Senior Associate, Reff & Asociatii (2016 – 2021)
- Associate, Popovici, Nitu, Stoica & Asociatii (2013 – 2016)
- Junior Associate, Leaua & Asociatii (2011 – 2013)
- Raluca completed a double education in Romanian and European Law and holds two Degrees in Law, one from the University of Bucharest and one from Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne – Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes. Raluca also holds a LLM in EU policies, from Montesquieu Bordeaux IV University and a LLM in International and European Business Law, from Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne – Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain d’Etudes Européennes.
- Legislația privind taxele judiciare de timbru, Soluții, Argumente, Explicații, Comentariu pe articole, Ed. C.H. Beck, 2016, in coauthorship