Dana Dunel – Stancu
With a notable experience of almost 26 years as lawyer, Dana Dunel – Stancu is a pioneer in the Romanian energy industry, being actively involved in different projects focused on clean energy, access to energy for all, responsible consumption of natural resources and energy efficiency. Over the last 15 years she has worked as legal consultant for companies, for non-profit associations and for public institutions on diverse matters in connection with the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and with the European Union requirements and regulations regarding an inclusive, sustainable and transparent business environment which takes into consideration the targets of addressing the climate change.
Following academic studies about Policies, Gender and Minorities, Dana has become a specialist on equality, diversity and inclusion at the workplaces or in business practices. Dana is an authorized trainer by the Ministry of Labor and Social Justice and the Ministry of National Education, COR 242401 and she provides consultancy services and trainings for preventing any discriminations or harassments at work or in public institutions and she assists and represents clients on resolution of conflicts arising in the working environment as result of an exclusive, abusive or aggressive behavior.
As an active member of different business and community associations, Dana was involved in many advocacy activities and assisted different public or private entities in public consultations for enhancing the regulatory framework in fields such as education, dignity protection at work, energy efficiency of the public buildings, transparency and integrity in the energy markets, renewables, environment protection, investments and equal opportunities.
• Lead attorney in the setting-up wind farms in Tulcea, Constanta, Calarasi and Buzau Area;
• Lead attorney for development and operation of the centralized markets of OPCOM;
• Legal consultancy for electricity contracts and other commercial contracts in energy, oil and gas field;
• Legal assistance for rehabilitation and modernization of power and thermo power plants;
• Legal assistance for building pipeline and storage units in oil and gas field.
- Head of Energy and Sustainability, Biriș Goran (2018 – present)
- Head of Legal Department, Hidroelectrica SA (2016 – 2018)
- Head of Energy and Natural Resources Practice, BirișGoran (2013 – 2016)
- Partner – Head of Energy, Oil and Gas Department, Bostina and Associates (2004 – 2012)
- Senior Associate – Head of Energy, Oil and Gas Department, Bostina and Associates (2002 – 2004)
- Partner, Romanian law partnership (1999 – 2002)
- Junior Associate / Associate, Romanian law firm (1996 – 1999)
• National University Of Political And Administrative Studies – Faculty Of Political Science, Master Academic of Politics, Gender and Minorities (2015-2016)
• Open University, United Kingdom (Project Management Degree, 2007)
• European Federation of Energy Trading (EFET), Specialist in Framework Contracts for Electricity Trading and Supply (2007)
• Civil Society Development Association, “Negotiation and Dispute Resolution Skills” Course (2002)
• Civil Society Development Association, “Leadership and Project Management” Course (2001)
• University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 1996)