Luciana joined BirișGoran in 2013 and, as a senior lawyer, she offers assistance in matters concerning taxation, labor and contracts. With over 9 years of experience, Luciana has specialized in issues concerning individual taxation, international taxation and fiscal procedure, advising clients in various fields of activity with regard to specific aspects of their day-to-day business, as well as being involved in projects such as tax appeals and tax litigation, assistance during tax audits, reviews and drafting of agreements.
Luciana has obtained in 2010 her Law Degree from Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne via Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain and in 2011 she has obtained her law degree from the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law. In 2011 and 2012 Luciana has obtained two Master’s Degrees from Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne via Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain, in European Law and European Business Law, respectively.
Luciana is a member of the Bucharest Bar as of 2012.
- Involvement in important tax litigations for BCR, in relation to one of the most significant tax decisions in Romania;
- Ongoing day-to-day tax assistance to one of Romanian’s leading retailers, BCR, Red Bull Romania, CGS on various aspects related to their operations;
- Providing assistance and legal representation in a tax litigation for one of the most important FMCG companies in Romania, in relation to a complex tax decision;
- Assisted several companies specialized in waste responsibility transfer with regard to matters pertaining to environmental taxes and litigation against the Environmental Fund Agency (AFM);
- Assisted several companies both during the administrative phase as well as before the courts of law in matters pertaining to the posting of workers and the taxation of per-diems;
- Assisted Romaqua Group, leading Romanian mineral water producer, in a complex dispute against the decision issued by the Romanian tax authorities;
- Assisted leading Romanian cosmetics manufacturer Farmec in a tax audit concerning excise duty by drafting appeals against several notices of assessment and tax audit reports issued by the National Tax Administration Agency (ANAF);
- Assisted Distribuție Energie Electrică Romania in a tax audit concerning VAT issues by drafting an appeal against the notice of assessment issued by the National Tax Administration Agency;
- Assisted several companies part of the Catena group with regard to various fiscal matters offering ongoing tax advisory, drafting appeals against notices of assessment issued by the National Tax Administration Agency concerning social security contributions and representing the companies in court with regard to various taxation litigations;
- Provided ongoing tax and litigation assistance to international cosmetics manufacturer Oriflame.
- Paralegal, Romanian law firm (summers 2008, 2009)
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain (Master’s Degree in European Business Law, 2012)
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain (Master’s Degree in European Law, 2011)
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2011)
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Collège Juridique Franco-Roumain (Law Degree, 2010)