Oana joined BirișGoran in 2008. As a Partner, she has extensive experience in litigation, arbitration, and insolvency matters. She has a special focus on tax disputes, corporate governance, debt recovery disputes and customs disputes.
Differentiating her from other lawyers in the field, as of February 2012, she also has been admitted as a licensed insolvency practitioner, and in this capacity, she was acting as liquidator and trustee in bankruptcy on numerous multi-million EUR insolvency and bankruptcy files throughout the country, including industrial and real estate companies. In doing so, she focused to transform her knowledge in innovative solutions for the upswing and reintegration of the Romanian business in economy.
Being also an economist, Oana successfully blends her legal and economic background while assisting clients in tax disputes, in debt recovery disputes, in insolvency related matters or in handling crisis management issues.
Before joining BirișGoran, Oana worked as a legal officer for Romanian governmental entities such as the Ministry of Communications and IT specializing in regulatory compliance matters.
Outside the office, Oana enjoys cooking, music and traveling
- Acting as a pleading lawyer in corporate matters, shareholders litigations, actions for annulment of the shareholders decisions, liability claims (the most important with an exposure higher than 1 million Euro);
- Assisting numerous clients in tax-related litigation matters including a leading mineral oil industry player on an excise/customs contestation as well as other clients on VAT recovery and interest recovery for late VAT reimbursement;
- Acting as liquidator for a bankrupt EUR 11 million real estate company outside of Bucharest;
- Advising numerous creditors in insolvency proceedings, including a leading energy company, in protecting their rights;
- Acted as liquidator in a major real estate bankruptcy case where the exposure of the guaranteed creditor exceeds EUR 30 million;
- Assisting numerous clients in various debt recovery court cases.
- Ministry of Communications and IT (2007 – 2008)
- Ministry of Economics – Foreign Trade Department (2005 – 2007)
- University of Orleans and Bucharest University of Economic Studies, joint graduate degree in Management of International Projects (Master’s Degree, 2009)
- Romanian American University, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2007)
- Bucharest University of Economic Studies (Economics Degree, 2007)