Member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants (2007)
ACCA qualified since 2005
Ruxandra Jianu is partner with BirișGoran Consulting, the tax consultancy firm of BirișGoran. With more than 22 years of experience in tax consultancy and business advisory, Ruxandra became an expert in mergers & acquisitions, complex restructuring processes (both domestic and international), as well as in assistance during tax inspections and disputes with the tax authorities. Ruxandra collaborates with the litigation department with respect to all tax disputes and with the M&A department with respect to all tax and financial matters which may arise in an acquisition, sale or business restructuring process. Her experience gives BirișGoran a unique advantage, as she may advise customers, from high-worth individuals to multinationals, in their business activity, from the day-to-day challenges to complex investments.
Before joining BirișGoran, Ruxandra was Tax Partner with TPA Horwath Quintus and Tax Manager with Philip Morris Romania. Ruxandra began her career in 2000 with PwC in Bucharest, where she started as tax consultant and became Tax Assistant Manager.
Ruxandra is a tax advisor registered with the Romanian Chamber of Tax Advisors and is a Fellow of ACCA. She is also part of the Taxation Task force Steering Committee of Coaliția pentru Dezvoltarea României, representing the task force in the work group which advises the Ministry of Finance on Tax Code and Tax Procedure Code changes and modernization. She is actively involved in all the discussions for changes and modernization of the Romanian tax legislation,
Besides the above, Ruxandra is also a member of Ambasada Sustenabilității în România, where she is actively involved in CSR projects, such as increasing awareness among companies with regard to the benefits of sponsorship in the development of social projects or triggering changes in the tax legislation with regard to the tax treatment of food waste.
Outside the office, Ruxandra enjoys tennis, skiing and travelling to exotic places.
* Ruxandra Jianu is a Partner of Biris Goran Tax Consulting. She is not licensed to practice law.
- The 2021 edition of Chambers Europe notes that the “market-leading” Ruxandra Jianu acts on the tax aspects of business restructurings and cross-border and domestic tax disputes, including VAT reimbursement and transfer pricing litigation. One client enthuses: “Ruxandra is an exceptional tax adviser, and an excellent adviser for fiscally efficient investments.”
- The 2020 edition of Chambers Europe notes that the “tax expert” Ruxandra Jianu wins praise for being “very knowledgeable, projecting security to the person sitting opposite to her and giving you direct answers so you feel like you are in secure hands.” Her expertise covers the full scope of tax and financial-related mandates including appeals against authorities, income tax and transfer pricing issues.
- The 2019 edition of Chambers Europe notes that the “proactive” Ruxandra Jianu advises domestic and international clients on transactional matters with a particular focus on tax restructuring and VAT issues. Sources appreciate that “she is extremely well prepared, solution-oriented, creative and charismatic.”
- The 2018 edition of Chambers Europe notes that leading tax consultant Ruxandra Jianu acts on tax restructuring and transactional mandates. Clients appreciate her expertise and say she is “very switched on and responsive, with excellent technical knowledge.” Another interviewee notes that she “has a very good understanding of our business and of the business environment in general.”
- The 2017 edition of Chambers Europe notes that peers and clients alike praise Ruxandra Jianu for her skill in advisory matters relating to M&A, restructurings and real estate investments. She acts for multinational corporations on tax reviews, due diligence, inspections and disputes. Clients note her availability and say that she is an “excellent tax adviser.”
- The 2016 edition of Chambers Europe notes that the tax consultant Ruxandra Jianu is widely respected in the market and praised for her “expertise and timely responses” by impressed clients. Her broad, in-depth experience of Romanian and cross-border tax matters, including VAT recovery issues and restructuring processes. This recently included advising major cosmetics producer Farmec in a complex dispute against the Romanian tax
- The 2015 edition of Chambers Europe notes that Ruxandra Jianu offers significant expertise in local tax legislation and international tax and accountancy planning. She works closely with the firm’s litigation team on contentious tax cases.
- The 2014 edition of Chambers Europe notes that clients feel they can rely on tax consultant Ruxandra Jianu‘s technical advice. She covers all areas of tax and works with the firm’s dispute resolution team on contentious cases.
- The 2013 edition of Chambers Europe notes that Ruxandra Jianu is a key partner at this practice and is praised by clients for her “impressive breadth of knowledge and passion for tax.”
- The 2012 edition of Chambers Europe notes that peers speak highly of Ruxandra Jianu‘s in-depth knowledge of tax matters.
- The 2011 edition of Chambers Europe notes that Ruxandra Jianu is described by interviewees as “dedicated, flexible and open minded. She acts immediately in response to clients’ questions.”
- The 2010 edition of Chambers Europe notes tax adviser Ruxandra Jianu also receives praise for her straightforward tax expertise.
- The 2021 edition of Legal 500 notes that Leading Individual and Practice co-head Ruxandra Jianu is the main contact for consultancy matters.
- The 2020 edition of Legal 500 states that Ruxandra Jianu is also noted on the advisory side, which is undertaken through the firm’s consultancy arm, Biriș Goran Consulting.
- The 2019 edition of Legal 500 notes that Ruxandra Jianu heads the practice with Gabriel Biriș, and acted for Banca Comercială Română in its large tax audit relating to financial transactions.
- Tax Partner, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 – 2007)
- Tax Manager, Philip Morris Romania (2005 – 2006)
- Tax Assistant Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bucharest (2000 – 2005)
- Romanian-American University, Faculty of International Relations, Bucharest (Economics Degree from Bucharest University of Economic Studies, 1999)