Teodora joined BirișGoran in 2009 and currently heads the firm’s Corporate/M&A department. Teodora focuses primarily on all corporate, M&A and IP matters. She has considerable experience in due diligence procedures, corporate mergers, spin-offs, and other restructuring efforts, as well as in assisting and advising on various investment transactions. She has been involved, as lead lawyer, in numerous transactions and negotiations, representing both domestic and foreign participants in M&A transactions, on both the buy and sale side.
Teodora has solid tax and corporate restructuring skills, being involved as lead lawyer in several complex and high-profile corporate reorganizations. She deals routinely in M&A transactions with partners and senior lawyers from leading Romanian law firms and her pragmatism, command of the subject matter and logical reasoning are flawless.
On the IP side, she has been involved in numerous due diligence exercises involving IT platforms and software companies. Teodora has also focused on other various IP matters, such as preparation of the terms and use and privacy policies for various websites, assistance in relation to licensing agreements, management of trademark portfolios for various firm clients etc. She is a licensed intellectual property counselor.
Among her current clients we mention Zeus International, a Greek regional hospitality group, One United Properties (a leading luxury real estate developer), SIF Banat (a leading investment firm), Riegler & Zechmeister (Austrian energy and engineering investor), Liebrecht & wooD (a leading CEE real estate developer), SES Holdings (a major Lebanese investor in agribusiness), Jazz Communication (one of the largest marketing and advertising firms active on the Romanian market), Renergy Power Plants (a large clean energy developer and operator), or Inditex Group (a Spanish multinational clothing company and the largest fashion group in the world), River Development (a highly regarded local real estate developer).
Before joining BirișGoran, Teodora was an associate with TPA Horwath Quintus.
Outside the office, Teodora enjoys travelling and squash
- Assisted River Development, a highly regarded local real estate developer, as lead lawyer, in selling of a company owning a landscape office building – The Light One – to UNIQA Real Estate GmbH;
- Assisted Zeus International, a Greek-based regional hospitality management and restructuring company, in its leveraged acquisition of three Bucharest downtown hotels from Alpha Bank Romania;
- Assisted a Luxembourg Fund in handling all Romanian aspects of the indirect acquisition of the Romanian subsidiary of Matrix Technology AG, one of the leading specialists for planning, setting up, controlling and operating IT software and services for international groups and medium-sized businesses;
- Assisted Riegler & Zechmeister in the acquisition of sole control over Bioenergy Suceava, a major cogeneration power plant, from Holzindustrie Schweighofer and ADREM;
- Assisted a high-net-worth Czech investor in the acquisition of three EU funded distressed agribusinesses;
- Assisted Swiss investor Philippe Jacobs and Ibitol Group, in the sale of its flagship office center Coresi Business Park, via a share deal transaction, to leading European commercial real estate company, Immochan;
- Assisted CloudTreats Inc. in the sale of its leading food delivery platform hipMenu.ro to Delivery Hero, one of the largest online food-delivery groups in the world;
- Assisted ECC Romania, consulting and debt management company, in a cross-border merger with Fire Corporation, transaction which included coordination with lawyers in Luxembourg and Italy;
- Assisted Dacris, leading stationary and office supply provider, in the acquisition of Echo Plus, Romanian office supply provider specialized in telesales.
- Legal Assistant, TPA Horwath Quintus (2006 – 2009)
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (Law Degree, 2008)