Bar Affiliation: Bucharest Bar (admitted 2022)
Qualifications: Assistant Member of the Romanian Chamber of Tax Consultants (2020).
Paul joined BirișGoran in 2017 as part of the tax department and he focuses mainly on matters related to indirect taxation, individual taxation and fiscal procedure. During his time with BirișGoran, Paul has been involved in an array of projects which included drafting tax appeals, assistance during tax litigation and also compliance matters or general support assistance provided to clients.
Before joining BirișGoran, Paul has concluded a LL.B in Law (2016) and LL.M in tax law (2017) both granted by the University of Bucharest.
Paul is an assistant tax consultant registered as a member of the Chamber of Tax Advisors since 2020 and a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2022.
Outside the office, Paul enjoys hiking, running and other outdoors activities.
- Involvement in drafting and handling a number of tax appeals on issues regarding individual taxation, VAT, excise duties in front of ANAF and the Romanian court system;
- Legal and tax assistance before ANAF and the Romanian court system in a number of disputes regarding the recovery of legal interest for the late reimbursements made by ANAF;
- Involvement in several due-diligence procedures and tax reviews of companies, as well as various compliance and registration procedures;
- General support to the tax department, including drafting of various documentation, tax research, and relations with the authorities.
- Intern, Ministry of Public Finances, General Economic Directorate (July 2015 – September 2015);
- Intern, Mitel & Partners Law Firm (February 2016 – April 2016).
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Master’s program on Tax law (LL.M. 2017);
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law (LL.B. 2016).